Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Boss and Mek prt 1

For me the process of making Special Characters always needs to come last, as I tend to spend special time and attention on them, making sure that they are impressive pieces that stand out more than anything else. Well thats usually, but this time I broke that a bit...

So heres the first planning stages of my New Boss which is using the now oop Fantasy Starter Troll.
First step was to trim up that nose and (attempt) to Orkify it. Not exactly the most succesful attempt in the world, but Hey he's gonna be such a mean looking Biker Boss you'll never know the difference. And take a look at this, after cutting the arms, getting rid of the feet, and some (un)talented work with a file to remove some of the unwanted Troll bits he's actually about the same size as the Metal Warboss.

Before anyone asks (like anyone would) the Warboss in question was decommissioned from tabletop playing in 06 with a plan to remake him into a Warboss mounted on a cyboar (a konversion which was abandoned because once I got him on top of the Cyboar he looked too funky to even attempt any further work and has been enjoying retirement at the bottom of my ever decreasing Bits Box.
As for the arms, one of which I'm already planning on modifying with some Cybernetics and a chainsaw style PK.

But I can't work on Da Warboss right now. I need to really save him for last so I know how to improve his Bike compared to all the other Bikes I'm gonna build. So what do I do? Do I wait to get more parts or possibly get a job to pay for a couple of Battleforces that I need to really make the project?
No, I start working on new Big Mek! One that happens to have a Magnetic KFF like I've always been planning on doing, but never really got around to (well that and my old KFF Meks were so awesome that I never felt the need to do another). Taking a new approach on the KFF, I designed it as a Satellite Dish that is eerily reminiscent to the one on my new neighbor's roof. Ok, not eerie I ripped/Looted the idea.

So the legs came from a previous blog posting as my first attempt to make a complete pair of Cybork Legs using 0% of GW material, and the KFF pack does consist of an Eldar bit, because like my previous KFFs you just need Eldar bits for Force Fields. Its like a rule.

Anywayz, for the time being I need to work on other parts of Projekt KoS otherwise these HQ models will have lost all flair and interest to me by the time that all the other stuffs done.

No comments:

Post a Comment