Monday, May 24, 2010

The Orky Air Core pt 2

Haven't forgotten, just didn't get a chance to do this sooner.

As you can see I added landing struts to this, the 4th in a series of prototypes. These landing struts are extremely similar to those on the Deff Kopta model, which these Deff Planes will be replacing on the battlefield.

In addition to the Struts I added a central Rokkit. As many of these are going to be equipped with Rokkits I wanted to see what it would look like to have a centrally mounted weapon (even if its a fire and forget Rokkit). This may or may not be a feature I add to others, but it does add a certain distinctiveness to the model.

Heres some other close ups, if you couldn't tell.

But that one Rokkit isn't going to be enough to represent twin linked. It looks more like a one shot weapon at the moment, which is why I'm going to have to add more Rokkits, like underneath the wing and the rear stabilizer wings.

Also have the first prototype Propeller done. Its slightly larger than the Deff Kopta roter, but really needs more detail work than I've done so far.


You can't see it in the photos, but the different parts of the Propeller are angled around 15-20 degrees. And no, they don't match up to be perfect and exactly the same, these are Mek made creations!

On the left you can see the 3rd prototype with the Prop attached. Still a lot of detailing to do before paint, but its getting there.

Now after working on a couple of these, not only am I getting aggravated with the slow progress, but annoyed with some of the details, so the next plane I thru something which flies in the face of the original concept of WW2 planes, a jet engine.

These pics are admittedly not great, but by tapering the end of the aircraft to an even further degree than what I was doing previously, and adding a jet (which is just a piece of tube with lots of plasticard bitz plied on) it adds quite a bit to the mini. Additionally while I was working on it a triangular bit fell and landed on the top rudder. I liked the look of it and added a couple more, which gives the aircraft even more of an Orky flair.

So the project is goin good, I'd say once I finish my first dozen that it'll be good.
Peace
~OD

No comments:

Post a Comment