Friday, May 14, 2010

The Orky Air Core pt 1

While the original plan was an Ork Luftwaffle force that idea, well it wasn't quite right. Drawing inspiration from WW2 and the Allied forces, I've decided to name this project, and the subsequent models the Orky Air Core (after the US Army Air Core, which later evolved into the US Air Force).

That being said work has been...slow.

After about a weeks worth of work I have little to show... or do I? Its hard work, but it'll look amazing when I'm done.




This was the first. Its uh... well its built. I didn't think it worked too well so I put together a different plane with a more wind swept look.



As cool as this bird is it still just wasn't quite right. I had gotten away from the old school look that I was going for.

To rekindle that idea and vision I started doing more research into an aircraft that was known for fast lighting strikes, an aircraft which heavily influenced the war, I speak of the Mustang.


Ok, so its not exactly a Mustang, but nevertheless it is an Ork Fighter plane more interesting than your average Kopta!

I even have gotten some detail work on the interior!



Not highly detailed, but the beginnings of one. You can also see some of the detailed dents/scratches/blasts/battle damage that I've applied in this picture. See no proper Ork vehicle is clean. In fact since the Orks build mostly out of scrap and don't mind using such dilapadated armor it makes sense. Plus I like having my army look like its seen a battle or two and not a bunch of highly polished brass that's afraid of a paper cut.

The only problem with this current design is this...

I believe that scratchbuilds or conversions in place of current models should be as close to the original porportions if not bigger, and while my current prototype (mark 4) is longer and wider than the original, it is shorter...at the moment. To correct this problem I'm thinking Landing gear either wheeled or skids, and possibly some more worky bits on the bottom. As for something to represent that top boom... I got nothin at the moment.

Peace
~OD

No comments:

Post a Comment