Saturday, April 10, 2010

project outset

So thinking about what my first project was going to be, so using a brand new pack of plastic rod (Evergreen #223, 3/32" Tube - .093 Diameter/2.4mm) to construct this,



which admittedly doesn't look like too much at the moment... to the untrained eye.

One of the big things people often do for a project is research research research. And I've been doing that on bikes and motorcycle clubs for quite a long time, mainly because of my interest in the Ork Kult of Speed. I always figured that the more info I know, the more realistic my models can look.

And it was from part of this research (that I only discovered yesterday) that this little pos was formed from.

The TV show, American Chopper, which ironically I did not watch on television. And from that show I learned something that I'm sure I knew, just didn't acknowledge. Bikes start as mere frames and the rest of the bike is built around it.



Here you can see just the simple frame, well incomplete frame with the tank built in. Unlike real motorcycles I don't have to worry about the tank leaking or anything like that so I just built it up real quick like. I didn't make the frame 100% realistic, you'll note that it doesn't have much of a rear suspension (or a swing arm, or an engine or all sorts of stuff), but it is coming along.

Even more so when you consider this picture with a quick mock engine-y thing.
(hey just causeI've been doin research, doesn't mean I know everything, like the names of the worky bitz.)
Actually I want to say its an engine block, but I don't think that's quite right.
And as a side caption to this pic I think I need to say "eecchh, you can totally see the disgustingness of half melted plastic in this pic!" Which is alright seeing how this is just my prototype. And with some good paint effects will just look like weathering.

I'll leave this entry with one last pic of dis...

No comments:

Post a Comment