Friday, April 9, 2010

1st Posting

OD from TV here... well I'm not exactly where you are reading this, but I started this flippin blog that for reasons beyond me you've decided to read.

What exactly is this Blog?

Well a few peeps I know have been telling me about how I need to be putting my stuff online. And after loosing a bet I don't really have much else choice.

What stuff?

Well to some its boring, and to others it is life, I speak of course of the game Warhammer 40,000, specifically building, modifying, converting, scratch-building, and painting Orks.

And here's my very first (almost) shameless plug, visit http://www.40konline.com/
do it!
do it now!
some crazy nutter who wrote this at 1 am is telling you what to do, you must obey!

Well I hope that is seen as a joke, and not just mild insanity.

All else aside, what I plan to do is a minimum of a single post a week detailing past, present, and future custom work on the hobby. I have a ton of Orkz (way WAY too many), but I just can't seem to stop myself. And why the hell should I. I am no Picasso of Plastacard, which I fully admit, but a number of people who see my work in person are impressed, I've won a number of modeling competitions, and I do believe that with every piece I work on I get better.

Outline of Future planned projects...
  • 10-19 Cybergrots and a quazi Mek Herda controlling them
  • 10 more Lootas (Custom jobs, I don't build out of the box)
  • Full unit of "Secret" Kommandos
  • Scratchbuilt Stompa
  • 6 new Trukks (hey I might want to play Apoc)
  • Retrofit 3rd Edition Battlewagons (its been on my to do list for a while)
  • Build 5-6 (or more) from the 'new' Ork Killakan box (personal challenge to see how far I can stretch the kit)
  • 15 "Luftwaffle" Ork Fleet of count as Deff Koptas
  • Retrofit, remake, or create an entire new Kult of Speed army
  • Create new Gunwagons (o.o.p. Ork vehicle) based off the size of the new Trukk + write up Datafax + gametest it (or get others to)
  • New scenic Objective Markers
  • 1-3 new Shokk Attack Gunz + herd of 20 Snotlings (want to try the Shokk Attack Battery)
  • at least a dozen Ammo tokens (I keep loosing em)
  • Retrofit/Rebuild/Redesign the M.O.S.H.A. mark 1
  • Retrofit the Looted Leman Russ into a propa Battlewagon
  • Retrofit and Bulk up the old Armored Krumpany KoS army into an Apoc army
  • More Kustom Force Field Mekz, lets face it in Apoc since you can take anything, why not?
  • Russbot, no in game purpose, just cause I think it could be fun.
So yeah, thats at least 3 years worth of work. Some projects I know I could finish real quick like a bunny, and others... well some of them I'm likely to put off for 3+ years.

Peace
~OD

No comments:

Post a Comment