Thursday, April 15, 2010


The Hand of Gork welcomez you!

Hmm... that might actually be a real good logo for this Project Log. Anyway, its from my shelfed, unshelved, postponed, resumed, back to drawing board, reconfigure, rebuild, loose parts, build replacements, find lost parts, shelve, unshelve, and [expletive delete] it GW's bringing out one STOMPA.

Its a project that's I don't even know how many years in the making. I figured I needed to give myself a hand for finally putting this thing together, this website will be a good reason for me to have to keep more on the ball with conversions, even the tough ones.

Speaking of a tough one... well it wasn't exactly tough, just hard to start, and in a similar vein to the Stompa ended up being shelved due to GW's release of an official mini and a need to resize the model. But here it is, my original prototype Ork Jetbike (count as Kopta)


So it was an interesting build, I ended up having 3 of them, this is just pics of the first one. And unlike many of my other builds, this one happens to have some Work in Progress Pics.

And to be completely honest, I started out trying to figure out a way to scratchbuild Bikes, I thought this early work though was too clunky for a conventional warbike, and too small (being the scale of the GorkaMorka era Warbike) for a Nob or Boss bike.

As you can see from this picture (which I can't seem to get straight!) is what I started out with as a frame. Yes, I didn't know really anything about Bikes at the time, thats why you gotta research!
Next you can see the original siding I had in mind. Yeah, things change when your building.

Lastly here is a 75% complete pic. At this time I had pulled the 'engine block' or whatever that bit is out and straightened the front end a bit. Oh yeah, repulser grid was horrible trying to work out.

Peace
~OD

No comments:

Post a Comment