Friday, October 26, 2012

46 hours in, Dakka Jets

Ugh.  Past few days this projekt has seen multiple setbacks, the worst of which being multiple breakages which force rebuilding, a few stray pieces and multiple real life encurisons when trying to work on this.  As such 46 hours is the current stand, and for that I suppose it is a good amount of work, just not as much as I'd like.

(note hour 40 projekt update is here in the Junkyard thread)

The landing gear built for Dakka 1 has been reappropriated for Dakka 2, it works better here, especially with it modified at an angle, the problem with the landing gear originally was that it broke the speed feel of the model.







Also have the first side flap of Dakka 2 built up.  It's not perfect, but its not as bad as it could be.  Once the other side is complete the only thing left on Dakka 2 will be to finish plating and then it's complete.  I only pray I don't have to reconstruct anymore of it, otherwise my target completion of the end of the month will be missed.




Dakka 1 has been a bit more successful in construction during this time block.  On the right is after 3 or 4 hours in, the left is the current.
The guns are great, but I'm personally thrilled at the additions of the Leman Russ vents.  The round tanks are from the Leman Russ set as well, originally part of the forward mounted Lascannon.  When I put it together I was originally thinking of them as external fuel tanks, but the more I look at it all together, they look more like ammo drums.  Either case this bird is relatively well.  All that's left for her is finishing the last details on the engines

Au Travail.

No comments:

Post a Comment