Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bugz? Where'd these come from

Every now and then we get stuck in the mud. And that's kinda what happened to me for the past few days. So to alleviate that, I took a looksee around at what other quick little project I could up and get done. And that lead me to the Nid Warriors.

I haven't played much Nids since 5th. Actually only 2 or 3 games since the new codex was released. But leading up to the release I got my hands on some Warrior sprues.


Now my biggest problem with Tyranids is that just about everyone of them look the same. BORING! I like each model to have some individuality, frankly if it's possible I'd like to have every model worth being called a centerpiece, and the majority of Nids just can't do that with standard static poses.


So here's a couple that don't fit that standard template. Err, well this first one does pretty much fit that standard static template. I was able to alter his tail slightly, which looks interesting in real life, but the photos of it look, well as if it was less a tail and more a...

Anyway moving on. So this bad boy on the side, well let me just say no the picture is not inverted, Houston we have a Lefty. Not a hard conversion, but not perfect either. The Deathspitter came from a Carnifex, but this particular piece I didn't get pristine, you can notice an area of the cabling which is broken, almost looks as though it was clipped. Also since it doesn't line up perfectly I had to use some Plasticard for filler, which just like the cable will look better once I greenstuff.

And Now for this months showpiece (not like I do a monthly showpiece) the Leaper.Yea I know that Warriors don't have the Leaping Biomorph anymore, But I liked it.
I thought that it gave a model a more dynamic look to it, and yeah the fast charge was a nice upgrade so Warriors could keep up with Hormagaunts. Oh wait they don't have that fast charge anymore.

Anyway that's today's post. And I'm back to the tanks after this, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment